Degree and Title:
Bachelor’s degree in Applied Arts
Study Hours/Academic Levels:
173 credit hours/5 academic levels
At the School of Applied Arts, we integrate a perfect blend of design passion, dedication, and creativity. Through providing our students with the knowledge and skills of design, research, and conscious practicality. Moreover, we associate with the industry and labor market by practicing design investigations, in addition to equipping students with an accommodating learning environment and cutting edge digital equipment to help them grasp integrated aspects and excel in their future careers.
Academic Majors and Departments
Interior Design and Furniture
Media Design and Graphics
Apparel and Fashion
Cinematography and Television
Ceramics and Glass
Meet The Vice Dean
Professor Tamer Farouk Khalifa
Tamer Farouk Khalifa is the Vice Dean of the School of Applied Arts at BUC and a Professor of Textile Quality Control and Testing Textile Spinning in the Weaving and Knitting Department.
Professor Tamer was the Former Vice-Dean for Postgraduate Studies & Research at the Faculty of Applied Arts – Helwan University.
Tamer has academic and research experience for almost 25 years in the field of textile engineering, textile materials, textile machinery, nonwovens, textile lab and testing, textile preparation and environmental impact. In addition, he has several publications in the field of technical and industrial textiles, nonwovens, textile quality control, education quality, and textile physics.
Tamer is also working as a Reviewer for several journals in the field of textiles, and as an Editorial Board in others. He has been the Textile Program Academic Coordinator (Undergraduate program) at the Faculty of Applied Arts – Helwan University for more than 3 years (The Program was accredited by Naqaa). Supervising several Master, and Ph.D. thesis related to textiles, in addition to participating in several research projects.
In addition to his experience as an ISO 17025 (For laboratory accreditation) and ISO 17020 (For Inspection bodies)– Lead assessor and Technical assessor and Expert – EGAC (Egyptian accreditation council) and assessing and accrediting many Textile labs locally and internationally according to ISO 17025. Tamer is also a member of both the Egyptian Engineering syndicate and Applied Arts Designers Syndicate, and an ex-board member of Applied Arts Syndicate.
Meet The Dean
Professor Ahmed Waheed Moustafa
Professor Ahmed Waheed Moustafa is the Dean of the School of Applied Arts, BUC.
He obtained his education in Egypt and England where he earned his Ph.D. from Birmingham University in Design Engineering. He has vast experience in the academic field working as a Professor of Design in several Design Educational Institutes in Egypt and abroad.
Professor Ahmed Waheed is a qualified expert in Education Quality Assurance and Accreditation Activities; Strategic Planning, E-Learning Course Development, Website Design. He acquired this expertise through intensive high-level training in The National Authority for Quality Assurance in Education, NAQAAE, and the Supreme Council of Universities. He gained a similar high expertise level in building practical courses with full cooperation with the Egyptian industry.
He is the author of 33 books in computer-aided design, computer-aided manufacturing, ergonomics, and digital technologies; this includes 10 digital e-electronic interactive books.
Dr. Ahmed is also the Editor-Chief of the International Design Journal.
My dear students; it is my pleasure to welcome you all as new members of The School of Applied Arts at BUC. I hope that this academic year will be a blessed and enjoyable experience for you, for the school, and for the entire University.
The School of Applied Arts, BUC is the epitome of design education in Egypt with its state-of-the-art equipment and its distinctive and sophisticated learning environment that is in tandem with the latest technology trends. The school also provides top-tier teaching staff which places the school among the best design institutions in Egypt and the Arab region.
The aim of the school is to prepare an innovative designer who is always able to work, constantly evolve, and who can befit the latest technologies of the era to his needs. The school will never spare any effort to provide the possible maximum educational services and an environment conducive to learning.
Professor Ahmed Waheed Moustafa
Dean of Applied Arts
School Department Heads
Professor Gihan El Rify
Professor Ola Hamdy
Dr. Mohamed Abdel Gawad
Professor Wesam Oncy Ibrahim
Professor Samah Gamal Mohamed
Dr. Wael Rafaat
Interior Design and Furniture Program
- Interior Decorators
- Corporate Designers
- Furniture Designers
- Furniture Arrangers
- Touristic Sites Designers
- Residential Designers
- Healthcare Designers
- Home Lighting Advisers
- Kitchen and Bath Designers
- Sustainable Designers
Media Design and Graphics Program
- Art and Creative Director
- Drafter (Architecture and Engineering)
- Film and Video Editor
- Graphic Designer
- Product Packaging Designer
- Marketing Manager
- Multimedia Artist/Animator
- Technical Support Manager
- Web Designer
- Print House Manager
- Prepress Operations Manager
- Advertising Designer
Product Design Program
- Industrial and Product Designer
- Industrial Product Manufacturers
- Domestic Product Manufacturers
- Vehicle and Transportation Manufacturers
- Digital and Interactive Product Designer
- Product Design for the special needs
- Ecological and Environmental Product designer
- CAD Technician
- Exhibition and Production Designer
- Production and Purchasing Manager
Apparel and Fashion Program
- Garments and Mass Manufactured Fashion Designer
- Ready-to-wear Designer (prêt-à-porter)
- One-off garments for the catwalk (Haute couture)
- Marketing, Finances and Business Activities Managers
- TV and Cinema Costume Designers
- Clothing Manufacturing Engineers
Textile Engineering Program
- Textile industries and textile design studios
- Textile manufacturing companies, as a Merchandiser or Stylist
- Garment manufacturers firms
- Self-employed, as a consultant or doing freelance work
- Quality Engineer in textile manufacturing companies
Cinematography and Television Program
- Exhibiting Artists
- Most photography-related professions
- Cameramen and Camera Directors in TV and Cinema
Ceramics and Glass Program
- Tableware and Cookware Manufacturing Firm’s Designer
- Sanitary Ware Manufacturing Firm’s Designer
- Porcelain, China and Stoneware Manufacturing Firm’s Designer
- Ceramics Artist, Modeler and Sculptor